Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, St Leonards on Sea
Type: Small animal
Location: We are working with a small friendly team that is located in a seaside town, of St Leonards on Sea, which has various attractions and the all-important seafront promenade, complete with many restaurants and great views.
Practice Type: Part of a group
- They currently have 3 veterinary Surgeons, 1 who is a Cardiology certificate holder, 3 RVN's, 2 SVN's and 3 support staff.
- They are looking for a vet who is keen to bring their own ideas to the team but also adaptable to theirs.
- Ideally, you will be comfortable with all routine surgeries, medical work-ups, and consultations and confident to work in a busy practice environment.
- You must be passionate about pet care and willing to work with clients to ensure their pets get the best care possible within any constraints they may have.
- They work with a couple of local charities and are part of the RSPCA Neutering Scheme for cats and bull-breeds.
Facilities: This surgery has digital x-ray, ultrasound, and in-house laboratory equipment as well as a dedicated surgical room, separate kennels and cattery, and upstairs staff room
Hours: The working pattern is 4 weekdays 8:45 – 19:00
Weekends: Saturday morning 8:45-12:30 on a roster, currently 1:3
OOHs: No On-call, out of hours, or Bank Holidays
Sole Charge: Some
- They ideally need a Veterinary Surgeon experienced in all areas of general practice.
- You must be RCVS registered and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Essential skills include competency in all routine surgeries and dentistry, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and being a team player.
- Desirable skills are interest in orthopaedics or dentistry and is keen to develop themselves and the practice.
- You must have an exceptional bedside manner and be a proactive team player.
Salary: Up to £47,000 p/a (DOE)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much much more
Ref: JN -062021-20790
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details