Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Stafford
Our client is a two-site small animal veterinary practice in the Stafford area of Staffordshire that is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This role could be based at either of their practices which are based approximately 10 miles apart.
This practice is well-established in the Stafford area and both of their practices are purpose-built and designed to provide the most comprehensive veterinary care to their patients. Both of their premises are accredited by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice Standards Scheme in both Core Standards and Tier 2 Small Animal General Practice, having received on-site evaluations by an external examiner from the RCVS. They also have achieved silver status in the Cat-Friendly scheme in both practices, something their staff is very proud of. Their facilities include:
- Large spacious reception and separate cat and dog waiting areas.
- Small animal Pharmacy.
- Three Consultation Rooms.
- Prep/Scrub Room.
- Operating Theatre fully equipped with the gaseous anaesthetic machine and active gas scavenging system.
- Diagnostic Imaging Room with digital X-Ray machine and portable ultrasound scanner.
- Dental Suite equipped with specialised dental table and ultrasonic dental scaler, polisher, and drill.
- Large Kennel area for in-patients.
- Laboratory equipped with biochemistry and haematology analyser, microscope, and centrifuge.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time permanent role where you will have a 4 day (average 40 hours) working week, with Saturday 8.30 am - 12.30 on a 1 in 3 rota. There are no out of hour requirements for this role supporting a good work/life balance. You will be joining an established team of 5 Vet and 8 Nurses.
You will be an enthusiastic small animal Veterinary Surgeon that works well as part of a team and has excellent communication and client care skills.
In return for your hard work and dedication, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Competitive Salary - reflective of experience
- RCVS/VDS fees paid.
- CPD budget of £1,500 annually
- 5 weeks Holiday, and birthday off.
- 1 week paid CPD leave annually.
- Paid BVA & BSAVA membership.
Ref: JN -012021-18347
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details