Permanent Veterinary Surgeons, Sunderland
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: They are an independent busy first opinion practice, that appreciates and values its employees.
Branch work: Based at one site (so no traveling from branch to branch), allowing for client continuity.
Facilities: They have brand new equipment and have a dedicated team ready to train over a 4-week - 6-month timescale. Alongside this, their general equipment includes a digital dental X-ray machine, colour ultrasound, endoscope, and full internal IDEXX lab.
Role: They are a small animal, single site, fully independent veterinary practice looking for a vet who is confident in their ability but wants to progress into laparoscopic surgery. This is a service we currently offer but would like to expand.
Duties: They run 15-minute consults, and have an excellent fully utilised nursing team allowing their vets to complete veterinary work only. They operate with no targets to meet.
- Their shifts are 8.30 am - 6.30 pm & 8.30 am - 4.30 pm over a 4-day week
- Plus 1:3 Saturday mornings 8.30-12noon.
- No OOH's, no on-call or Bank Holiday working,
Support: They encourage the spending of the annual £1500 CPD budget (plus allocated days for CPD events) and fully support any vet wanting to progress into specialist certificates.
Salary: The starting salary is £50,000 p/a and they are happy to discuss salary packages up to £65,000
- 33 days holiday,
- RCVS/VDS fees,
- Company pension
- Offer discounted treatment for staff pets.
- They offer a relocation package, have a VISA sponsorship licence in place, and a beautiful 2-bedroom property less than a minute from the practice. (This is offered free for the first 2 months of employment and can be privately rented ongoing if desired).
Ref: JN -052023-28724
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details