Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Sussex
Our client looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to further expand their team of dedicated vets and help increase the services they offer to clients.
Type: Small Animal
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Practice: Part of a group
Team: The practice has five experienced vets including a surgery certificate holder and a team of nine nurses. There are six receptionists and two practice managers. The candidate will benefit from lots of support from colleagues with a wealth of experience in both medicine and surgery.
Well-equipped practice, with spacious consulting rooms and plenty of kennel space.
Full in-house laboratory
Dedicated dental room, with dental x-ray
For a full-time position, the working week is made up of four days with a full day off every week. Shifts are from 9 am to the last appointment at 6 pm three days per week until 7 pm one day a week. Working alternate Saturday mornings to 12 pm and 1:5 Sundays, just one or two hours if the duty nurse needs help with non-critical in-patients.
For the Part-Time position, it would be three days per week plus one in three Saturday mornings, hours negotiable. No OOH work for either working pattern.
Sole Charge: No
Branch Work: No
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a good team player with some experience in medicine who is keen to work up cases to a high standard. An interest in surgery would be an advantage but not essential. They are a friendly team and looking forward to welcoming a new colleague who is keen to take on new challenges.
Salary: They are offering a salary of up to £65,000 p/a DOE (FTE)
Benefits: Subject to Pro Rata:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -062022-25502
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details