Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Waltham Forest
Type: Small Animal
Location: Waltham Forest
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a growing, thriving company in a state-of-the-art, fully equipped, spacious, purpose-built clinic where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills with the benefit of an interesting and diverse case-load, the support of a fantastic, forward-thinking team while working for a company with strong values.
Practice: They truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high-quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards. They have all the latest equipment, with a digital x-ray, ultrasound, in-house laboratory, and much more.
Role: They offer a great work/life balance and a chance to work within a professional & up to date clinic alongside a Clinical Director and a friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VCA,s and Receptionists. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress.
Reporting to the Clinical Director and working side by side with their clinical and non-clinical teams, their vets are key to achieving the ambitions of better clinical outcomes through early diagnosis.
As well as always thinking of ways to improve the care that they provide and develop the centre, your core duties will be to –
- Practice outstanding medicine, surgery, and emergency care. Be a role model general practitioner that consistently demonstrates a diagnostic driven approach to animal care
- Consistently perform Gold Standard consultations. Intuitively ‘read’ the client & patient to anticipate their needs. Influence the clients to follow your first-class, expert advice
- Build high trust relationships with clients to achieve better compliance and therefore better clinical outcomes for the animals in your care
- Confidently recommend further medical progress checks until you are satisfied that there is a full resolution and ideally a diagnosis has been achieved
- Utilise our bespoke menu of diagnostic panels to assess the most common clinical presentations. Read, interpret and evaluate findings and use these to create and confidently recommend an agreed treatment plan.
Hours: Vets are rostered into a 4-day working week plus 1:4 weekends. This averages out to 37 hours p/w over a 4 week period
Branch work: No
About the role: In order to be successful in this exciting post, you will be –
- A first-class vet. With a firm understanding of the importance of a “diagnostic-first” approach – they do not advocate symptomatic therapy
- An individual who enjoys engaging with clients and their pets and understands the benefit of augmenting the owner-pet bond.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication within a consultative environment
- Demonstrates a professional, confident and calm approach – inspiring confidence in the clients and team. Enthusiastic, positive, and resilient
Salary: Competitive Salary (DOE)
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Group – Values in Actions Awards
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme
- Mindful Living Courses
- Continuous professional development
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet
- Employee Discount at The Vet and a reward scheme including external discounts
- Help@Hand Scheme
- Free food Fridays
Ref: JN -022022-24152
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details