Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Wedmore
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The surgery has been in Blackford since the 1970s, it is where we perform the majority of diagnostics and surgery alongside first-opinion consulting work. The surgery is well equipped with all the equipment a modern veterinary practice should be expected to have. Dedicated operating theatres with advanced anaesthetic monitoring equipment, imaging suite for X-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, and ECG, dedicated dental room with dental radiography, and in-house laboratory for fast diagnostic blood tests.
Team: You would be joining a team of 10 other vets, with a mixture of new graduates experienced team members, and 2 Clinical Directors. They have a nursing team of 13 members, including RVN's, SVN's, and ANA and a large reception team on hand to help.
Role: They are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join the team!
Hours: They are flexible with part-time and full-time hours, and will consider 2, 3, or 4 days per week with the addition of 1:9 weekends and one late vet (10 pm checks) per fortnight, only if any inpatients. They still do thier own out-of-hours Mon-Sun between 8 am – 7 pm but from 7 pm – 8 am the out-of-hours is provided by Somerset Emergency Veterinary Clinic.
Applicant Requirements: The ideal candidate is a vet who wants to develop their skills and work up their own cases within a supportive team environment, over the 5 sites. Usual responsibilities of consulting and operating will include some sole charge.
Salary: Up to £75,000 depending on experience
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets and nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -102023-29890
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details