Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - West Bromwich
Type: Small Animal
Location: West Bromwich
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The close-knit group of PSS-accredited clinics have been established both independently and as part of a larger group for well over 30 years and many staff are still with them. Due to being well-established, they have excellent relationships with other clinical groups in the area. They pride themselves on being able to deliver a high standard of care, to help them do that they have access to excellent facilities across the group.
Team: They strongly encourage people to pursue any specific interests and a big part of the ethos is the belief in further learning for everyone, and they have opportunities to progress into leadership. As a team, they hold monthly vet meetings, a WhatsApp clinical discussion group, and colleagues are only ever a phone call away should you need them.
Role: The practice has a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the well-established practice. You will see a varied caseload in a busy practice with a combination of consults and surgery. In addition to the comprehensive welcome package, they have accommodation above the clinic and will relocate a vet rent and utility free for three months.
Hours: Typically, the full-time Vets work 4 days a week between the hours of 9 am-7 pm Monday to Friday. There is no weekend or out-of-hours work required. The flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale of your work-life balance. They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick up, need reduced hours during school holidays, or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern they can fix or flex the patterns to suit you, should that be full-time or part-time.
Salary: Up to £63,000 DOE and up to £5,000 relocation allowance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -082023-29441
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details