Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Willenhall
Type: Small animal
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The practice provides a spacious, light, and airy perfect working environment with a surgical theatre, a prep room, and all the usual gadgets including digital x-ray, (dental radiography at their main branch), multiparameter anaesthetic monitoring machine, ultrasonography (Inc. Doppler), endoscopy, ECG. Additionally, they have a comprehensive in-house laboratory (microscopy, haematology, biochemistry as well as Idexx Catalyst for in-house results fast. ISFM cat-friendly clinic and RCVS accreditation in progress. They have a good ratio of registered veterinary nurses also with cert holders in ECC, anaesthesia, Feline Nursing, and behaviour.
Team: They have several vets within the group at different stages of their careers who are always ready to help each other out and share their experiences and vast range of knowledge and accomplishments. Whether you have a complicated case or would like support to further develop your skills, this collaborative team is more than happy to help. Their surgery certificate holders routinely perform orthopaedic procedures such as TTA and TPLO. In the group, they also have certificate holders or undertaking in exotics, ECC, imaging, medicine and a vet with a special interest in Ophthalmology and also a visiting cardiologist working up cases using Echocardiography/ECG.
Role: Are you a passionate vet who really cares about your patients and clients and wants to be part of something special? Then we have a great opportunity to join our clients' fantastic team of vets, nurses, and support staff.
- There will be some sole charge days at this practice, so you will need to be confident with good general surgical and medical skills.
- Just a few miles away are several of their other branches where teams of senior vets and nurses are on hand to provide additional support.
- You will have the time and clinical freedom to fully work up and manage your cases with friendly support available at all times.
- Days are structured to ensure that you will have your share of the consults and operations and enjoy a varied caseload.
Hours: They understand that work-life balance is more important than ever and are committed to supporting their teams to achieve this. They're open to receiving applications from those looking for part-time or flexible working patterns. Their goal is to help you find the balance that suits your needs, so they're willing to have a conversation to explore what works best for you.
- Typically, this role would be full-time worked over a four-day week,
- Shifts between 9 am and 6:30 pm plus Saturdays from 9 am to 5.00 pm on a rota basis.
- No out-of-hours requirements will be needed.
Support: There is the opportunity to develop and grow your skills in any area that is of special interest to you. They actively encourage certificates, offering funding and support to their team members
Salary: Up to £70,000 p/a depending on skills and experience (FTE)
• 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30341
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.