Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Windsor
Our client has three branches in North West London one of which is accredited by the RCVS as a tier 3 veterinary hospital. They are now looking to recruit a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team on a full-time basis based mainly at the hospital site, with some branch work.
This is a privately run Veterinary Group that has been established in the local area for over 100 years. The main hospital site has a resident nurse 24hrs a day. The practice is very proud of its RCVS accredited hospital status and further prides itself on providing the best possible care for pets and will always go that extra mile to prove clients and their pets the best level of service and care.
This is a full-time permanent role where you will be performing consultations, medical treatments, and surgical operations (including neutering and general surgery). There will be an element, on a roster basis, of emergency and out of hours. The hours of work include:
- Start time 8.30 am unless on ops in which case 8 am
- Finish time will depend on the rota but between 5.30 pm and 6.30 pm on a standard day
- No overnight on-call but once a week on call to 9 pm and 1 pm start on these days
- One half-day off each week if no night duties or weekends – 1 pm finish
- Late-night surgery on a Tuesday and Thursday until 8 pm with consulting vet starting at 1 pm – usually one late night every two weeks
- Shared weekend rota meaning 1 full weekend in 5 – consults on Saturday and Sunday morning and on-call until 5 pm with a maximum of one-night duty across the weekend.
- Monday and Friday off following duty weekend
You must be a registered Veterinary Surgeon with experience in small animal care, although some experience in large animal care would be advantageous. You must have strong organisational and time management skills coupled with strong communication skills, both written and oral, and have the ability to work under pressure.
You will also need a full UK driver's licence and drive a car that is insured for business use.
In return our client is offering a competitive package that is reflective of experience, full details will be discussed in the interview.
Ref: JN -082021-22021
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details