Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, York
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small animal bias to join a mixed practice
Location: Small market town near York, North Yorkshire
Practice: They have recently built a brand-new small animal surgery, with excellent small facilities (2 vets and one nurse consulting room, separate large operating theatre, large prep room, separate room for radiography and ultrasound scanning, isolation room, separate cat & dog kennels). Their equipment includes in-house biochemistry, critical care analyser, endoscopes, digital radiography, (both also used for horse work), ECG, dental radiography, and ultrasonography
- They are an eighteen vet practice looking for a veterinary surgeon with enthusiasm for small animal work to join our independently owned, R.C.V.S. accredited practice in rural North Yorkshire (75% farm, 5% horse work, 20% pets). There are 12 vets on the duty rota which is evenly shared.
- High calibre support staff including qualified RVNs
- Excellent, friendly, and experienced veterinary team - regular in-house clinical meetings and discussions
Role: This position offers a very varied mix of work, and to a degree, the role can be tailored to accommodate an individual’s areas of enthusiasm, but they are ideally looking for someone with a small animal bias. It is important that you are happy to deal with all species out of hours.
Hours: Full-time and the duty rota includes both first and second call and is shared evenly between 12 vets. There is also a nurse on duty out of hours, which allows for good support in an emergency situation.
- The duty rota includes both first and second calls and is shared evenly between 12 vets.
- There is also a nurse on duty out of hours, which allows for good support in an emergency situation.
Skills/Exp: If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then, please get in touch to discuss the role more
Salary: The salary on offer is competitive and commensurate with experience
Other Benefits: Will be discussed in the interview
Ref: JN -122021-23332
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details