We are working with an independent small animal practice in Abergavenny that is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis. Our client is looking for a vet with at least two years of post-graduate that is looking to take the next step towards practice management/ownership.
This practice offers a full local vet service to the area and they have two sites that are 10 miles apart. They are an independently owned Small Animal Practice with an excellent reputation for client care and are looking for a genuine team member hoping to settle somewhere beautiful. Their practice is on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park and is ideal for dog walking, outdoor pursuits, etc.
They are only an hour from Bristol and an hour and a half from Birmingham, with good train links to London and the North. Their fundamental focus is the wellbeing of their patients, they pride themselves on their ethics. The team is friendly and caring. The practice is fully-equipped with all the usual toys, they are an RCVS accredited practice offering a range of services including Veterinary Consultations, Nurse Consultations, and Acupuncture. They also have visiting specialists including a Chartered Physiotherapist, a Veterinary Ophthalmologist, and a Veterinary Cardiologist. Their clinical features include:
- Two fully equipped sites, one in the lovely market town of Abergavenny in Monmouthshire, the other 10 miles away in the Welsh Valley Town of Ebbw Vale.
- Both sites have an ultrasound, digital X-ray, Idexx Lasercyte, and Catalyst Biochemistry, lab facilities.
- They use SmartFlow paperless systems for in-patient and anaesthetic monitoring
- All anaesthetic machines are Humphrey ADE circuits with oxygen generation on-site.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a permanent role where you would ideally be working full time, although they could consider a part-timer, as long as you are willing to do a share of weekends and evenings. (Approximately 1 evening a week, and 1 weekend in 4, with no on-call)
This is a great role for someone looking to take the next step towards practice management/ownership, and perhaps settle in for medium to long term. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of in-practice experience and could also suit someone with additional skills such as a surgery certificate.
Your working hours will be made up of the following units:
Normal Day- 8.30am-6.30pm
(consult 9.00-10.30, tea break, operate 11.00-1.00, lunch, paperwork/messages 2.00-3.30pm, consult 3.30-6.00pm.)
Late Shift 1.00pm- 10.30pm
(finish any outstanding ops 1.00-2.00pm, paperwork/messages 2.00-3.30, consult 3.30pm-6.00pm, break, consult 7pm-9pm, tend to in-patients, emergencies, tidy up, finish 10.30pm) Responsible for in-patients overnight.
Weekend Shift 8.30am- 6.00pm
(consult 9.00-10.30am, and 3.30pm-6.00pm. Middle of the day free for emergencies/urgent ops)
Responsible for in-patients overnight
In return, our client is offering a competitive package that is reflective of skills and experience, that includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience, with the total package in the range £38,000- £50,000 p/a
- Higher salaries would be considered for Certificate holders or additional skills
- RCVS and VDS fees paid, as well as other subscriptions if appropriate.
- Pension paid at 8% of salary.
- Generous CPD salary
- Evening and weekend hours paid at 1.25x basic rate
Ref: JN -112020-17361
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details