Our client is looking to recruit a Registered Veterinary Night Nurse on a permanent basis to join their small animal practice in West Yorkshire. This is a part-time role working 8 pm -8 am on 4 shifts on, 10 off, 4 on, 3 off, 4 on 10 off shift pattern.
Their modern Veterinary Hospital includes the following facilities:
• Sterile Operating Theatres - with a wide range of surgical equipment to enable them to carry out complicated, lifesaving operations on the spot as well as routine surgeries.
• Modern Anaesthetic Machines - using the latest anaesthetic agents so that they can safely anaesthetise pets from the smallest hamster to the largest Great Dane. Pets safety is always their priority.
• Endoscopic Examinations - allow the insertion of a flexible camera into the bowel and lungs of patients to diagnose many conditions that otherwise are difficult to detect.
• Ultrasound - to confirm and monitor pregnancies and also to carry out detailed examinations of the heart, liver and other abdominal organs without the risk of general anaesthetic or operations.
• A Practice Laboratory - They can carry out tests at night and at weekends when commercial laboratories are closed. Their lab also allows them to perform pre-anaesthetic blood tests on the day of surgery to check kidney and liver function so that the most appropriate method of anaesthesia can be used.
• X-rays - providing same-day results and just as importantly expert interpretation by an experienced veterinary surgeon with a certificate in veterinary radiology.
• Intensive Care & Hospitalisation Facilities - backed up by 24-hour nursing care. There is always a veterinary surgeon and a member of the nursing staff on duty 24-hours a day, every day of the year including Christmas Day. They take their commitment to nursing pets very seriously indeed.
This is a part-time permanent position for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a night team in Leeds. You will be working 8 pm - 8 am on a rolling rota of 4 shifts on, 10 off, 4 on, 3 off, 4 on 10 off.
Experience working nights is desirable. You will be a good team member and it is important that you can integrate into the community and with the veterinary team. A good social life, personal hobbies and a keenness to settle in a new environment would be advantageous. You must be eligible to work in the UK and have a valid driving licence.
Type: Registered Veterinary Nurse - Nights
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hours: Part-time, with a rolling rota of 4 shifts on, 10 off, 4 on, 3 off, 4 on 10 off - working 8 pm - 8 am
Out of hours: No
Salary: Pay scale dependant on experience/qualifying date £14.04 to £16.20 per hour + Discretionary Practice bonus 4 times a year
Holiday: 5.6 weeks
Benefits: BVNA membership paid for
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch if you have been successful.
To discuss the role in more details:
Please call or email our team to discuss the specific details for this role such as practice details, exact location, salaries or any other queries you may have. Please also quote reference PW/27208 when enquiring about this vacancy.
To have a no obligation confidential discussion or to enquire about other positions in this area please contact us today on 01423 701 321, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff, to view more positions like this, visit http://www.recruit4vets.co.uk you can also find us on
Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/recruit4vets