Permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon - Aberdeen
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They have purpose-built premises including 7 stables, trot-ups, a sand school, a treatment room, stocks, a knockdown box, and a theatre. They have an excellent range of modern equipment, including portable DR radiography, ultrasound, shockwave, lasers, and video endoscope/gastroscope. We are 20 mins from the beach, less than an hour to a Munro, 90 mins from 2 ski centres, and only 10 mins from Aberdeen Airport, which is perfect for those long weekend breaks!
Team: This friendly team of 7 equine vets, 3 equine nursing assistants and 4 office staff have regular team meetings and lots of social events outside of work. They are a diverse team including certificate holders who can support you with your cases. They also benefit from visiting Dentistry and Orthopaedic Specialists on a regular basis.
Role: They are currently looking for a confident, experienced equine vet to join their fantastic equine team at their practice in Aberdeen.
Duties: Their workload is a mixture of leisure and high-level competition horses with everything in between. Your expertise would cover a wide range of duties including but not limited to ambulatory calls as well as the opportunity to work up cases at their clinic. They also accept orthopaedic, surgical, and medical referrals from local practices.
The role could be tailored to the applicant depending on their areas of interest.
- The role can be full-time or part-time
- They are very open to flexible work patterns in order to work around you whether you're looking for a 2-day week, 3-day week, or more hours they can flex to fit you.
- They currently work a 1:8 OOH rota, with a half day after a weeknight and a Friday off after a weekend on-call.
Salary: The salary will be up to £65,000 p/a negotiable depending on experience.
- 6.8 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS Cover
- RCVS membership
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -022024-30582
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details