Permanent Exotic Veterinary Surgeon - Bourne, Lincolnshire
Location: Near Bourne in Lincolnshire
Practice Type: Part of a team
Facilities: The practice has great equipment and facilities including a busy and dedicated Exotics premises with species-specific wards allowing them to be able to cater for the extensive existing caseload. Capnography and ventilation are routinely used for anaesthesia. They have 5 “Outstanding” RCVS Practice Standards Awards.
Team: They currently have a fantastic, team of 12 vets (including ophthalmology and ECC certificate holders) and 18 nurses (8 RVN, 7 SVN, 4 VCA), with 9 support staff. The team enjoys working together to deliver an excellent level of customer and patient care. They pride themselves on supporting each other and encouraging the development
Role: Our client is looking for an Experienced Exotic Veterinary Surgeon - This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated veterinary surgeon looking to join the popular, 2-centre Small Animal & Exotic practice.
Hours: The rota is a 4-day working week with equally shared weeknight on-call for in-patients only. The available position is flexible dependent on interests and experience; sole Exotics or SA/Exotics.
Applicant Requirements: Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated veterinary surgeon looking to join our popular, 2 centre small animal & Exotic practice. Certificate holders are preferred but candidates’ part-way through or with exotics experience wishing to start a certificate will be considered. The desire to provide an excellent level of customer and patient care is paramount.
Salary: Competitive salary (DOE)
- 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -022024-30580
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details