Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Barnsley
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Independent Practice
Role: They are seeking an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly team.
- The shifts are 7.5 hours a day Monday-Friday, with 1 weekend day per month also.
- Weekdays: they open at 7:30 am and close at 8 pm so the shifts will be 7.5 hours any time between then, however, the rota comes out a month in advance so the nurse would always know what their shifts are in advance.
- Weekend-wise, the nurses will cover 1 weekend day per month which is 8 am – 5 pm and this is paid extra to their salary at roughly £150 per day. This is written into the contract although as they have the luxury of having a lot of nurses there are often when the nurse can opt out of working weekends or indeed work extra depending on what they prefer.
Out-of-Hours: Night-wise, the nurse calls into the practice to check on any inpatients they have roughly twice through the night (all other emergencies go to Vets Now), there is a practice flat on site if they wish to use it but you don’t need to stay here if you don’t want to. This is again paid extra to their salary at £50 Mon-Thu, £60 Fri and £80 Sat and Sun, They do this roughly twice a month extra to the working week spaced out throughout the month on a rota system. They make it so that the start of the following day 11 or 12:30pm so they get extra time away from work as the last inpatient check is usually 2am. If the nurses do not want to be paid for the on-calls they can take it as holiday time at half a day off Mon-Fri or a full day off Sat-Sun when the rota allows.
- All nurses cover the different areas of nursing which change daily so one day they might be on inpatients and the following on theatre for example but this is flexible and often tailored to what the nurses feel like doing that day, they are very friendly and accommodating!
- The nurses do not do reception.
Branch Work: There will be branch work involved also, so having a driving license would be essential. The branches are consulting branches only so there, the nurses see post-op checks, weight clinics, discharges, nail clips etc and this is for a maximum of 3 hours per day, the rest of the time-based at the main site.
Package: The benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary that is reflective of skills and experience
- They offer 20 holiday days per year plus bank holidays.
- The practice does pay for CPD, there is no set budget but the practice is very flexible and usually agrees if it is of benefit to the staff member and practice.
- They use a company called Now pensions.
Ref: JN -122023-30213
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details