Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Manchester
Type: Small Animal
Location: Greater Manchester
Practice Type: Part of a group
Team: Their team consists of 11 vets, including 1 exotic diploma holder, 2 exotic cert holders, and 2 other vets sitting ECC and ophthalmology certs. They also have 9 RVNs, many of which have the exotic nursing certificate, or are studying towards completing this. They are the largest exotic referral practice in the Northwest, in addition to their bustling cat and dog caseload.
Facilities: They are RCVS silver accredited, and rabbit welfare silver accredited and are staffed 24 hours a day for improved patient welfare and client care (they have a dedicated OOH team of vets/nurses, as well as auxilliary nurses who look after their in-patients OOH). Well-equipped both for their cat and dog patients was well as their more exotic patients which means they can cater to most patient’s needs.
Role: They have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join an amazing small animal and exotics team. They will also consider any nearly qualified SVNs as well as part-time applicants.
Duties: Will include; inpatient care, admits, discharges, anaesthetics, nurse clinics, consult team, pharmacy, ward nurse, recoveries, and of course client care. This is a great opportunity to work with a variety of species, to a high standard and be part of a friendly and supportive practice.
Hours: The rota is designed to give a great work-life balance, based on 40 hours and a 4-day week (averaged over a 5-week rota period, with 1:5 Saturday and Sunday mornings).
Weekly shifts consist of
- Then a week day off each week which is on rotation. This means that you get a long 4-day weekend (Friday to Monday inclusive) 1 in 5 weekends
- Any overtime can be claimed as pay or TOIL
The weekend work is 1 in 5
- Saturday 08:00-11:30
- Sunday 09:30-11:00
OOHs: They also work their share of 2 bank holidays each year (mornings only). They provide their own OOH cover. The Out of hours on call work for this position is 1 in 5 fri/sat/sun. Payment for this is in addition to your normal salary and is paid monthly. You are only called into the surgery if the vet needs assistance, but you get paid the supplement if you are called or not!!
Candidate: They are seeking a friendly, organised, adaptable, and dependable individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work within a large supportive team as well as independently. Previous experience with exotics is not a requirement of this role.
Support: Exotic animal training in-house and other courses are encouraged and funded, including the exotic nursing certificate should you wish to pursue this.
Salary: Up to £30,000 p/a depending on experience
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -022024-30589
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further detail