Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon - Bolton
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Their 24-hour ECC Hospital is a bustling, buzzing hub that treats both its own cases and those from nearby group clinics, too. Here, you’ll have access to brilliant facilities, limitless learning opportunities, and receive a heck lot of support from a spirited and supportive team.
Team: This is a close-knit, multi-talented bunch, with loads of specialisations that enable them to work on difficult and complex cases from start to finish. When poorly pets come into their hospital, everyone bands together to care for them. That includes medical stabilisation from their emergency inpatient team, assessment from their imaging team (with their in-house CT scanner), and complex orthopaedic surgery from their team of surgeons.
Role: Due to the demand for their affordable, advanced surgical services they are looking to grow their surgical team with the addition of a senior surgeon.
- They offer complex soft tissue and orthopaedic services including TECA, BOAS, TPLO, CCWO, fractures, and spinal surgery supported by excellent imaging and theatre facilities including digital radiography, ultrasound, and CT.
- They provide services to a large number of patients every year, accepting internal and external referrals for complex surgical services. Their current surgical team comprises of a surgical certificate holder, two other surgeons part-way through their surgery certificate, and a team of designated surgical RVNs.
- You will work with your colleagues to support the running of our clients' surgical service providing excellent standards of clinical care with a focus on evidence-based continuous improvement.
- They have a network of highly skilled and experienced surgeons across the organisation to support your ongoing training and development.
Hours: The role will offer a 50% bias towards surgical shifts as part of a four-day working week.
What they look for in you:
- Passionate about our mission – you want to save pets who other could not access good veterinary care
- Strong communication skills – with your colleagues and customers
- Enjoys being part of a highly driven team
- Familiarity with nurse-led procedures is highly advantageous
Salary: Between £48,000 - £74,400 p/a, dependent on skills and experience
- Private health care, 52 weeks sickness benefit, and free employee assistance program – awarded after 12 months of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- CPD funded to diploma level
- 6 weeks holiday, including bank holidays
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
Ref: JN -122023-30259
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details