Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Practice Type: Part of a group - small animal hospital, RCVS accredited, with 5 branch surgeries and a fabulous physiotherapy/hydrotherapy centre.
Facilities/Services: Their practice has been caring for pets for over 100 years and they pride themselves on providing the very best care and service for pets and their owners. They are fortunate to have their tier 3 hospital with excellent facilities and equipment. It is an exciting time to join them as they are now primed and ready for further growth, including a move to a new purpose-built hospital.
Team: You will be joining a very welcoming team who all support each other. All of their Associates are committed to the care of clients and their pets and they would love to hear from applicants who share the same values. Many of their clinical team hold certificates from two Advanced Practitioners in medicine and certificate holders in surgery, cardiology, and dermatology. They are always keen to support professional development and certificates where possible.
Role: They are looking for a confident, talented, and experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly, passionate team.
Skills/Exp: They are looking for a vet who thrives on building relationships with clients and enjoys caring for patients throughout their lives.
Branchwork: This position will be based at two of their branches
Services: This will primarily be a consulting role but also provides the opportunity to perform some minor ops and procedures in the branch. The branch vets are in sole charge but have full support and backup from the hospital where more complex cases and emergencies can be transferred. Consulting-only options are also available if preferred.
Their full-time rota:
- 4 days a week (9-hour days),
- 1 weekend in 6
- 1 Saturday morning in 6
- No inpatient checks and no out of hours
- Part-time applications are also welcomed with a reduced amount of weekend work.
Salary: Competitive salary of up to £55,000 p/a (DOE)
- CPD allowance of £1,500 (for full-time AND part-time vets) with 5 CPD days per annum (pro-rated for part-time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata) + Birthday Leave
- BSAVA membership
- Over 120 hours+ of additional, in-house, free online courses/content.
- Relocation package
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Ref: JN -112022-27168
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details