Permanent Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon -Kettering, Northants
We are currently working with a growing, independent veterinary practice that has a fresh, practical, down-to-earth, and realistic approach to veterinary care in the community. The team would like to welcome on board another small animal veterinary surgeon to join them in caring for their clients’ patients.
This practice opened a year ago now and is in its relative infancy however, it is busy and as a new business has grown greatly in this time. They have a team of 12 [3 knowledgeable vets] 5 supportive RVNs, 3 fabulous receptionists, and a caring Practice Manager. The owner has a certificate in surgery and is able to perform complex procedures [Ortho-BOAS]. He is also more than willing to provide as much support or training as a veterinary surgeon desires. This practice is pro-education, continued learning, and endeavor coupled with space to breathe to enjoy your job and also have time to live and make the most of your life. They have a commonsense approach. They also have all the bells and whistles regarding equipment.
- This is a permanent full-time position.
- Hours: Monday to Friday - Mon, Wed, & Fri 8.00 - 19.00 - Tues & Thurs 8.30 - 18.30 - 4 days per week
- WE: 1: 4 - Sat 9.00 - 12.00
- OOHs:/On Call: 1 weeknight per week plus the practice runs their OOHs from home; it is generally quiet and the vet only goes in if absolutely necessary. OOHs work is financially rewarded and includes a half day in lieu for being on call at the weekend.
- Consult Times: 20 minutes with allocated time to ‘catch up’
The successful candidate will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload [e.g from BOAS to TPLO] and as such would have interests in surgery and/or medicine which would be supported within the practice. They would also have excellent communication skills and a compassionate approach to patient and client care.
- Salary: Generous marketing leading dependent on skills & experience
- Plus - CPD - certificates, team progression actively encouraged
- Partnership potential for the right candidate
- Paid memberships - RCVS, VDS
- Bonus scheme and ‘at cost’ staff discounts
- Regular team excursions from meals out to escape room challenges
Ref: JN -122021-23446
Would you be interested in becoming a valued member of their friendly, motivated, and forward-thinking team?
If so, Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details