Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Newcastle
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They are a two-branch Independent Practice Group. The practice has been established for over 50 years but is under new ownership and management with exciting plans for the future.
Facilities: U/S, X-ray, Full Idexx In-house LAB, Nurse clinics, Separate cat and dog ward, etc
Team: They are a long-established practice, with a new leadership team committed to maintaining their independent status and allowing their clinicians freedom to work up cases the way they want. You will be supported by their existing team of 3 Vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs, 1 VCA, and 3 Receptionists.
Role: Our client is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their independent small animal practice working across their two branches.
- Working full-time 40 hours over 4 days
- Working a share of Saturdays on a rota basis, 1:3 weekends.
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 18:30 – Mon-Friday + Saturday – 09:00 – 13:00
- Performing examinations of patients to diagnose health problems and assess their health
- Performing laboratory tests on samples and specimens
- Performing a range of surgeries, both routine and emergency including dental work
- Carry out imaging to include radiography and ultrasonography
- Administering and advising on preventative healthcare regimes, animal welfare, and nutrition
- Carry out work in line with RCVS guidelines
- Follow evidence-based medicine in developing treatment plans for patients
- Ensure clinical records are up-to-date and accurate
- Ensure that all clients received accurate itemised bills at the time of treatment and provide estimates of costs where applicable
- Undertake ongoing personal and professional development
- Direct and supervise the clinical team to include RVNs, SVNs, and VCAs
Knowledge and skills required:
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Experience in general practice covering both consultations and surgeries
- Confident with sole charge
- Certificate holder
Candidate: The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a busy small animal practice as well as
independently at branch surgery.
Salary: Up to £60,000 p/a - dependent on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff discounts
- Generous and flexible CPD allowance (certificates included)
- RCVS and VDS Memberships paid
- Regular company events and socials
Ref: JN -072023-29223
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details