Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Newport
Type: Small Animal
Location: Langstone, Newport
Practice: Part of a group
- Dual location: You'll have the opportunity to work at both their sites offering excellent clinic exposure.
- Versatility: You can choose to consult, operate, and treat inpatients, or opt for a consulting-only role if that suits your preference.
- Clinical Exposure: They can offer brilliant Orthopaedic workups so if you’re a GP Vet with an interest in Orthopaedics this could be an exceptional opportunity for you.
- Teamwork: Their team believes in a fair share of operating shifts to foster case follow-through and personal skill development.
- Growth Opportunities: They offer training to be a part of our laparoscopic service.
- Knowledge Sharing: Benefit from multiple certificate holders and in-house referral service for personal development and knowledge sharing 24/7 Support:
Role: Are you an experienced and dedicated Veterinary Surgeon with a passion for high clinical standards and a drive for excellence? If so, our client love to welcome you to their growing team.
Hours: They can offer you flexibility in your rota, their people are at the heart of everything that they do, and that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting people to be their best selves. This flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
- To give you an insight into typical working hours,
- They have an average working week of 40 hours.
- The typical working day runs from 8.00 am to 6.45 pm.
- A fair rota share of 1 in 5 Saturdays from 8.00 am to 12.30 pm.
Applicant Requirements: They have a wealth of knowledge with RCVS advanced practitioners, and surgical certificate holders and they have a real passion for encouraging and supporting all personal development, including gaining certificates. They are and always have been invested in creating a safe and positive culture. A key part of that is how their management team has an open-door policy, ensuring transparency and equal opportunities for all.
If you're ready to embark on an exciting journey with their friendly and passionate team, apply now and be a part of their commitment to outstanding Veterinary care and join a workplace that truly invests in you.
Salary: They are offering a salary of up to £70,000 p/a DOE
- 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30449
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details