Permanent Clinical Director Veterinary Surgeon - Newport, Wales
Type: Small Animal
Location: Newport, Wales
Practice Type: Part of a Group
- They're a well-established RCVS training practice with an exceptional reputation for looking after the veterinary needs of a large and loyal client base since 1989.
- Their team's invaluable experience allows them to confidently manage a wide range of medical and surgical cases providing not only a robust in-house first opinion service to their clients but also a very attractive learning platform whether that be for new graduates starting their career, more experienced vets wanting to take their skills to the next level or any vet looking to become part of a friendly team delivering meaningful veterinary care.
- The cities of Bristol, Newport, and Cardiff are all within a reasonable commute of the practice, along with the beautiful South Wales coastline, the Forest of Dean, and the Brecon Beacons.
Facilities: They are a modern, well-equipped practice with Bio-Chemistry and Haematology Idexx machines, Digital x-ray processors, Ultrasound, dental machines, and multiparameter monitors.
Team: Their team consists of 2 full-time Vets, 2 part-time Vets, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Nurses, 1 International Vet preparing for his RCVS membership exam and a Practice Manager who is also a Registered Veterinary Nurse, so understands the pressures of a clinical role has on veterinary employees. Their reception team and VCA are also on hand to help.
The Role: Are you a Veterinary Surgeon looking to advance in your career? Or are you a Clinical Director ready for a new challenge? Look no further....
- They have a rare opportunity for a Clinical Director to lead this established practice.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will involve acting as Clinical Lead, consulting with clients, performing surgeries, and addressing any clinical complaints.
- You'll also play a crucial role in managing vet rotas, ensuring the team operates smoothly.
- Working alongside the Practice Manager and Head Nurse, you'll have the opportunity to lead the team, shaping the practice's ongoing success.
Hours: Typically, the full-time position is 40 hours over 4 days with 1:4 Saturday mornings (9 am to 1 pm). No out-of-hours. Work/life balance is important to them so they are open to discussing a rota pattern that suits you.
Salary: Of up to £80,000+ p/a depending on experience
- 7.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -022024-30574
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details