Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Northampton
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: A well-established practice that is part of a group, with highly trained staff creates a loving and caring service that goes above and beyond to keep patients healthy.
- Excellent standard of care and very supportive team
- No OOH
- Nurses on site 24 hours a day - inpatient care
- Highly trained and experienced staff in all pet animal care
- Laparoscopy, Orthopaedics, Soft tissue surgery, Ophthalmology, Digital Xray including Dental, Flexible Endoscopy, Ultrasonography including Cardiac, Dentistry including Endodontics, Dermatology, and Rabbit medicine
- Monitoring equipment including MPMs, doppler BP, capnography, etc, and in-house laboratory
- Certificates encouraged and funded
- Both sites have achieved the ISFM Cat-Friendly Silver award
- They are working towards a Dog-Friendly award status
- They have achieved iiE bronze environmental award
Team: You will be working with their team of well-established Vets, Nurses, Customer Care Teams, and Patient Care Assistants. They are always happy to collaborate with each other with complicated cases or support a colleague should they want to progress more in a certain role.
They have certificate holders in Small Animal Surgery and vets with a special interest in Orthopaedics, Laparoscopy, Dentistry, Rabbit medicine, Ophthalmology, and Dermatology. As a team, they are always happy to collaborate with each other on complicated cases or support colleagues with career progression within the industry. They actively encourage all their associates to take CPD in their chosen area and certificates are encouraged and funded. They have lead nurses now developing the nursing roles in the team which is something they are extremely proud of.
Role: Join a friendly, experienced, supportive, and dedicated vet team where that provides an excellent rota that gives their associates a great work/life balance to explore the fabulous countryside around the historic town
Hours: Full-time and part-time applications considered - 4-day week 10hrs/day, 1:4 Saturday mornings 5hr/day
Your role and responsibilities
- They are seeking an enthusiastic Vet Surgeon within their Hospital.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced and confident in both general surgery and medicine with exceptional communication skills.
- Specific interests are encouraged and supported! Someone who is friendly and keen to be part of a great team is essential.
- They provide an excellent rota which gives their associates a great work/life balance.
- If you would like to work in a great practice with a good range of equipment and a fantastic team, then we would love to hear from you.
Salary: Up to £70,000 plus (depending on experience) certificates encouraged and funded.
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Group CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Ref: JN -062022-25606
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details