Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Northampton
Type: Small Animal Hospital
Practice Type: They have newly refurbished sites around Northampton, with access to high-spec equipment. At their hospital site, there is a large kennel area, including a cattery, an isolation suite, and a large prep room that is shared with the surgical referral team.
Services/Facilities: They have a fully equipped in-house lab. This position has opportunities for career progression including becoming a Clinical Coach. They provide a great CPD budget with monthly in-house CPD. A staff car park is also available onsite.
Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon who wants to further their career by joining an existing highly skilled and supportive team.
- Their First Opinion team enjoys working closely alongside 7 other referral Veterinary Surgeons, who are certificate holders in a variety of small animal disciplines.
- You will have clinical independence, utilising the well-equipped internal lab alongside in-house endoscopy and on-site CT (as well as digital radiography, Doppler ultrasonography, purpose-built dental suite, and mobile MRI service).
- Their referral teams are ready to help; you will rarely have to refer a case externally, and you can follow the investigations that will be happening in the same building.
- They are the perfect environment for learning new skills and achieving advanced qualifications.
- All of their branches have recently enjoyed full refurbishment to create a truly modern working environment, in line with other referral hospitals.
Hours: This is a full-time role, with no OOH or on-call. Both 4x10 hours and 5x8 hours patterns are available with Saturday shifts on a rota (with time off in lieu).
- Their flexible approach to rota patterns can truly enrich your work-life balance.
- They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick-up, need reduced hours during school holidays, or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern they can fix or flex their patterns to suit you
- They require an MRCVS-qualified veterinary surgeon with a passion for gold-standard animal care and providing exceptional service to their loyal client base.
- The ideal candidate will be confident in consulting, performing first-opinion surgical procedures, and providing dedicated inpatient care.
- They encourage further development and can provide support for those seeking to pursue a certificate.
Salary: Highly competitive salary of up to £70,000 p/a (DOE)
The Package: They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -072022-25923
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details