Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Willenhall, West Midlands
Type: Small Animal
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands
Practice Type: Part of a group
Services/Facilities: They are a reputable, friendly, compassionate, and progressive group. Established for over 25 years, they have 9 branches across the West Midlands, East Midlands, and Staffordshire. They have well-equipped practices including full surgery, digital radiography, in-house lab, ultrasound, and dental equipment in all surgeries as well as Dental x-ray and endoscope at their larger practices, and are ISFM cat-friendly clinics. With their dedicated, friendly, experienced teams, their practices are highly trusted within the local communities for providing exceptional veterinary care. They have a family-friendly feel with low staff turnover and longevity in service, with some staff having been with the group from the beginning.
- Their team is made up of experienced Vets with interest/cert studying in Surgery, Medicine, and Ophthalmology. They also have further cert holders in Surgery, Exotics, and Imaging. They have a good ratio of registered veterinary nurses also with cert holders in ECC, anaesthesia, Feline Nursing, and behaviour.
- Their staff’s Well-being is of great importance to them and they have a very approachable, supportive management team who support their team both inside and outside of the workplace. They endeavour to ensure that the practices have some downtime, whether it be closing the doors for a couple of hours for coffee and cake, a meal out, or bowling. They work very closely with local charities and the community, sponsoring the town junior football team, visiting local schools to talk about working in a Vet practice, and often hosting fundraising events from dog shows to coffee mornings in practice.
Role: They are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeons to work alongside their experienced teams to perform a mixture of surgery and consultations in general practice.
- You will have clinical freedom to fully work up and manage your cases with friendly support available at all times.
- They actively encourage their employees to develop skills in any special interest they may have as they wish to expand the services they can offer as a practice.
- Their team has a wealth of knowledge and experienced veterinary surgeons are on hand to offer support.
- This role would be perfect for a recent graduate or a confident vet looking to progress with their career/ gain a certificate.
Hours: Full-time, Four-day week plus Saturdays on a rota basis. No out-of-hours.
- They are happy to accept applicants who are newly qualified or have a wealth of experience to bring to the vet role.
- The successful applicant will be qualified and registered with the RCVS.
- They are looking for someone enthusiastic, positive, and organised with good communication skills.
- You will be a supportive team player with a high standard of patient care, you will also have a client-focused approach.
Salary: Well rewarded with a salary up to £65,000 p/a dependent on experience.
The Package: They recognise that people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what wtheydo. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
Your birthday as a paid day off
Private medical insurance
Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
Cycle to Work scheme
Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
Non-accidental injury support
£1200 CPD allowance with 50 hours paid pro rata
Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
Infection Prevention and Control Programme
Quality Improvement Programme
Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -112022-27268
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details