Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Retford
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: As part of this team, you'll have access to state-of-the-art equipment and a modern battery-powered kit, including DR radiography, endoscope, gastroscope, motorized dentistry, and ultrasound scanners. They encourage you to pursue your areas of clinical interest and expertise.
Team: Across their group and four practices, they have a fantastic team of 40 dedicated individuals, including 16 vets (including 2 certificate holders), 15 registered/student veterinary nurses, and animal care assistants, with experience ranging from new graduates to 35 years. They pride themselves on maintaining a friendly and welcoming environment, where support is always at hand. Their team regularly comes together for social events and enjoys multiple annual gatherings for all practices within the group.
Role: Our client is on the lookout for a passionate and driven Ambulatory Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join their well-established practice in Retford.
- This role offers hands-on veterinary care for a diverse range of horses and ponies, covering both routine and emergency healthcare.
- Embrace clinical freedom and enjoy a wide and varied caseload of first-opinion ambulatory work, mostly catering to leisure and amateur competitors, with a high percentage of insured animals.
- They've got your back! Benefit from comprehensive certificate support, a work vehicle, and a work-life balance that flexes with your needs and desires.
Duties: Your key responsibilities will include vaccinations, dentistry, lameness workups (including ridden assessments, nerve blocks, radiography, and scanning), breeding, sedation, ultrasonography, 5-stage vettings, castrations, treatment plans/visits, and working up cases.
Hours: They offer flexible rota patterns and working hours that truly adapt to your lifestyle and career stage.
- A full-time role entails working 40 hours per week over 4.5 days, with weekday shifts from 08:30 to 17:00 and a set half-day.
- While there is an out-of-hours rota (currently 1:6), they are open to supporting part-time applications and different shift patterns. Please note that the out-of-hours rota is non-negotiable.
Applicant Requirements: They take pride in their excellent client base, which primarily consists of leisure horses with some competition involvement. A significant proportion of their clients have insurance, making their work rewarding and fulfilling. Their goal is to deliver gold-standard veterinary care in an ambulatory environment, constantly striving for excellence.
- A salary of up to £63,000 (FTE) p/a depending on experience
- Relocation support of up to £5000
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30409
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details