Permanent Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Retford
Type: Small Animals
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They have been serving clients in and around Retford for over 50 years. They cater to farm and small animal clients, as well as wildlife parks and equine clients. Their clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including ultrasound with Doppler and ECG, digital DR X-ray, dental X-ray, video endoscopy, and a full internal lab. Their commitment to delivering exceptional service and care to clients and their pets is unwavering.
Team: Their team consists of 13 vets (including a certificate holder in small animal medicine), 10 RVNs, and 2 SVNs, with a range of experience from new graduates to seasoned professionals with 29 years under their belts. Alongside their fantastic support staff, they foster a welcoming and friendly environment where teamwork is paramount.
Role: Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to work as a permanent member of staff within a well-established veterinary practice in Retford.
Duties: The role will involve hands-on veterinary care of small animals, providing both emergency and routine healthcare. You will work alongside other Veterinary Surgeons, as well as experienced Nurses. Key Responsibilities include;
- Small animal surgical procedures
- Minor procedures
- Client liaison
- Working up cases
- Caring for hospitalised animals
- Treatment plans
- Sole charge
- Monday to Friday 08:30-18:00 and 1:3 Saturday mornings 08:30-12:00
- There’s an optional out-of-hours rota as well, currently sitting between 1:5 – 1:6.
- The out-of-hours will involve inpatients, surgery, stabilising patients until the morning, or advice calls. However, they’re happy to support applicants who don’t want to cover this.
- People are at the heart of everything that we do, and that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Applicant Requirements: Their ideal candidate should possess excellent communication and organisational skills and have experience in a busy small animal practice with confidence in a range of surgery. An interest and experience in Orthopaedics would be beneficial but not essential.
- Qualifications: A degree in Veterinary Surgery.
- Experience: Post-graduate experience as a Veterinary Surgeon in the UK.
- Compliance: Registered with the RCVS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- A salary of up to £63,000 depending on experience.
- Relocation support of up to £5000.
- Excellent development opportunities, as well a full certificate support.
- A varied and interesting caseload with a good balance of surgical and medical work. There’s scope for Orthopaedics as well.
- Fix or flex – find your perfect balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• +1 Additional membership
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30412
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details